1.05.2010

Another Way to Exercise

I think it is a good move for the NFL to encourage kids to get off their butts and exercise. But why do they insist that kids play for 60 minutes per day? They could just as easily get that exercise through work. Mowing the lawn, raking the leaves, and mopping the floor burn calories just as well as playing football. I would support such a program.

The NBA, on the other hand, would probably launch some sort of program to encourage kids to commit crimes in order to stay healthy (running from the cops burns calories, too, I guess).

PS: I think it's neat that three out of this weekend's four NFL playoff games are rematches from last week. What are the odds of that?

4 comments :

  1. Maybe kids should play for an hour and then work for another half-hour or something. Doing chores doesn't just burn calories and instill a sense of responsibility, it also teaches life skills. Funny story: my sister teaches at a high school in Japan, where the schools are famous for making the kids clean the schools instead of relying on janitors. But since Japanese kids don't do chores at home, only at school, they suck at it. Holly says I would find their mopping techniques disgraceful.

    But I disagree about the repeat games being neat. Not vehemently; just a little bit. (Mostly I'm worried about the Packers having to beat the same team twice in a row.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Some of our old stuff WAS pretty bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel - I think that is an awesome idea but if they tried to do that in the US, parents would probably pitch a fit.

    Also, and only a teensy bit related, I hate mopping.

    ReplyDelete