1.18.2010

Cleaning Tip: Oven Burner Pans

Since you were so nice and shared your mini-blind advice with me, I wanted to reciprocate and share my oven burner pan cleaning trick with you. Actually, I'm pretty sure I got this from Amanda but couldn't find the post on her blog to link to. Luckily, it is really simple so I was able to remember it from when I used it the last time we moved.

Take those yucky burner pans and stick them in a big pot of water. Then bring the water up to a boil, let it boil for a few minutes, then turn it off and wait for it to be cool enough to handle. Now just wipe them clean. I used a bit of Barkeeper's Friend to get the really bad chunks off but it only took maybe 5-10 minutes of wiping to get all but one sparkly. Ironically, that was the one we had wrapped in foil. It looked better going into the water than the others but I think the foil did something weird to it and it came out all tarnished so we just bought a replacement. But we still saved a few bucks since we didn't have to replace the others.

1 comment :