1.06.2010

Snow much fun

I've become an old fuddy-duddy. I used to love the snow but now, in general, I'm not a fan. Maybe it's because snow used to mean fun things - snow forts, skiing, sledding etc. Now it just means I have to drive very slowly and shiver until our car finally heats up, normally about 30 seconds before we reach our destination.

So when it started snowing in North Dakota, I stayed inside Craig's parents home. I actually didn't step foot outside from Tuesday until Monday morning, and only then because I had to walk to the car. And my plans were about the same for my stay in Kansas with my folks.

But my mom had different ideas. She really wanted us to make a snow man. She kept saying it would be fun but I knew the real reason, she thought it would make a good photo op. And she was right. But we also ended up having a good time making a snowman and tossing around a few snowballs.


A good enough time that we decided to stay outside and go tobogganing down what my brother affectionately calls "suicide hill" (don't worry, I mean "we" loosely, I just watched and took pictures).

(This is my favorite picture. While right now I'm being lazy and just posting SOOC shots, I know it will be great with some cropping but I am really going to have to spend some time with photoshop to try and get rid of the orange stuff!)
The "kids" - Craig, me, my (baby?) brother Ben, my brother Rick and his fiancee Windsor. By this point we all have wet pants and cold feet but I think we hid it well for a nice family photo.

So I had my one day in the snow and I will admit it was nice. But now I'm glad to be back in Texas where a sweater coat is all the coat I need.

P.S. Why didn't someone tell me my hat looked ridiculous. I probably would have still worn it because I didn't have another one and warmth trumps fashion, but it still would have been nice to know.

1 comment :

  1. What? I love you hat! I want a red hat just like that one!!

    Also note on making a snowman: make sure you have supplies on hand for the eyes, mouth, arms, etc. Our snowman looked a bit Chinese at first (not that there's anything wrong with that).

    ReplyDelete