12.26.2018

Back to the Classics Challenge Wrap-up

And that's a wrap folks. This year it took me the whole year but I made it and I look back on my selections and know that it was worth it. I didn't get to a Dickens this year but I did conquer an epic poem, a book I'd been meaning to read for quite a while (Giants in the Earth), a russian novel (City Folk and Country folk) and I stepped out of my normal genre with True Grit and lived to tell about it. Not bad considering I had a baby in August and feel a bit sleep deprived the majoirty of my days (and by a bit sleep deprived I mean I just drove 30 minutes into the city to Ikea to buy new book shelves with the gift cards I got for Christmas only to realize I left the gift cards at home!). But I will buy those book shelves eventually and fill them up with all the books and I can't wait for next year to begin the Classics Challenge again! Wanna join in? It's super fun! Go visit Karen at Books and Chocolate to find out more. Sign ups for the 2019 Challenge are starting and you don't want to miss it. 
 
1.  A 19th century classic - City Folk and Country Folk

2.  A 20th century classic - Howard's End

3.  A classic by a woman authorThe Harvester


4.  A classic in translation.  Giants in the Earth 


5. A children's classic. The House of Arden 


6.  A classic crime story, fiction or non-fiction.  The Secret Adversary


7. A classic travel or journey narrative, fiction or non-fiction. Kon Tiki

8. A classic with a single-word title. Kidnapped


9. A classic with a color in the title.  The Scarlet Pimpernel


10. A classic by an author that's new to you.  True Grit


11. A classic that scares you. Beowulf.  


12. Re-read a favorite classic. Jane Eyre. 




Email Me at NaethingM@gmail.com if I win please :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment