11.17.2008

"TGIF" Moments

1) I went to a craft fair at our student center last week. It wasn't as good as previous years but that might have been because I was by myself. Craig had planned to go but had to cancel so he could meet the president, which I do not think is really a valid excuse. I mean, is he married to the president? Anyway, as I was walking around, someone tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if I had arrived in a cab. When I said "no," she replied with, "Oh, I saw someone dressed just like you arrive downstairs in a cab." Okay, so what if I had said yes? What would she have said? Is cab usage so amazing that you are willing to stop random strangers to quiz them about it? I don't get it.

2 ) I spent Sunday crafting and watching the plethora of movies on that afternoon. Apparently abc family was pulling out the good ones because it was day -15 in their "Countdown to the 25 days of Christmas." But I must ask you, abc family, since the 25 days of Christmas is in itself a countdown, don't you think it is a tad excessive to have a countdown to the countdown? I do, but who am I to complain about good movies. Actually, I'm not even done complaining. Your channel's name implies that it shows family programing. I would agree with you that "You've Got Mail" is a family movie, and I'll concede "The Notebook" but only because I like it, however I refuse to accept "The Bodyguard" as a family movie. You really shouldn't show it in the middle of the afternoon. If you noticed the drop in the ratings, it was me, refusing to watch it. Now you know why.

3) I don't want to get in the habit of talking about work on this blog, but overall I like it, especially now that we have started on some cool experiments. However there is one particular part I do not like. Occassionally I have to make a dilution of bleach to use to disinfect our bscs. I have done so twice and guess how many times I have spilled bleach on myself, ruining a perfectly good piece of clothing - two! The first time it was a pair of brand new tights that I had only bought the night before! Today it was a pair of leather shoes. I saw the drop fall but couldn't stop it and despite the fact that I immedietly wiped it off, there is now a big light smudge on my dark shoes. They were my favorite shoes. I hate bleach.

*in honor of Eric, whose accidental acronym switch had provide years of amusement. (he meant to use a three letter acronym, which is too nice to be used on our fairly family friendly blog)

1 comment :

  1. I still use TGIF all the time! Although it doesn't seem to make much sense to many people...

    ReplyDelete