11.28.2008

I'm ready Christmas, just bring it on.

We are home again! We headed down south to visit my aunt, uncle and cousins on Wednesday evening, just as soon as the pies were cool enough to travel. My brother had also come in from Austin so we had a fun food and family filled time. We drove home this morning and after spending some time setting up Christmas decorations, I have decided to make cookies. Since after a day of cooking and baking, nothing sounds as good as more cooking and baking. Okay, so I'm not really in the mood for more baking but we really have absolutely no food in the house and I need something to tide me over. I expanded my stomach yesterday with all that turkey and a pb&j alone is not going to cut it.

I could go shopping but I refuse to do any shopping today, even grocery shopping. One of the reasons we headed back this morning was that my brother and aunt were just going to spend the day running after bargains (and I do mean all day, they got to Kohls at 4am). Yes, they saved a bunch of money. But I saved even more by sleeping in to 8, in fact I saved 100%!

And right now I am feeling so grateful for our pre-planning. In fact, I only have to finish making one more present and we will be done with Christmas presents. And since we put up all our decorations this morning, and we finished the Christmas letter last week, my holiday stress level is non-existant and I am ready to start celebrating!

2 comments :

  1. You actually saved infinity percent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we put our trees up today. one upstairs, one down. and MOST of our shopping is done. i hope you and craig had a great thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete