7.14.2010

Announcing Lucy

Turns out, it was a stomach bug. One the postive side, I can stop feeling guilty because I didn't do it to myself. On the negative side, I know it was a stomach bug because on Monday, Lucy came down with it too. She had a much milder case, probably because she got both the germs and the antibodies from me and by Monday, my good guys had already figured out the bad guys achilles heels but I still hated seeing her sick. We were both on our third outfit of the day by noon but she was only cranky when she was awake and that was very litte. She really only woke up to eat until the evening. We finished the day with a 3 hr nursing session (oh yes, you read that right). I stopped about 1.5 hr into it to change her diaper and put her in pjs and she ended up crying so hard to was chocking herself. But as soon as I was available again, she was soothed. She finally feel asleep but was very restless all night. It was a long day but we survived and she is basically back to her happy self again now. Thanks goodness. Anyway, I'm putting up the post I had already planned for today because a little someone is demanding my attention. She missed out on some play time while she was sick and wants to make up for it.

Back when Lucy was still Nigel, I designed our birth announcements. Instead of paying up to $2.00 per card, I just made one with Photoshop and had it printed as a 4x6 picture for about 10 cents each. Even factoring in the weird-sized envelopes I had to buy on Amazon.com it came in a good $80 cheaper that way.
Here is the blank girl version:
BabyAnnouncementgirlblankjpg
and the boy version:
BabyAnnouncementboy copy
And the filled in one: (except it really said our last name)
BabyAnnouncementgirl2
The design is very similar to one I’ve seen before but I did create all the patterns myself in Photoshop and since I love getting scrap freebies from other sites, I though I’d offer it to all of you. Just let me know and I’ll email it out. I would post it for you to download but I don’t know how and don’t really have to time know to figure it out. Maybe someday.

I love the three pictures we selected but there were so many good “Newborn Glamour Shots” that I couldn’t help but post some more here. My favorite expression is the bottom middle one, I just wish the backgroun was better.

DSC_0059 DSC_0029
DSC_0032 DSC_0054 DSC_0064

No comments :

Post a Comment