7.12.2010

Better late than never

Since this was the first weekend in a month that it was going to be just the three of us here at home, I had hoped it would be quiet and relaxing. Instead, I spent Saturday sleeping/shaking next to a bucket and Craig spent it on “mommy duty” except for every 2 hours or so when he would bring Lucy into me and I would force myself into an awake non-vomitous state long enough to feed her. It was fun. I hope to do it again – never.

I’m not sure if it was actually a stomach bug or that the stress and fatigue was a bit much combined with the fact that I hadn’t been eating enough and then let myself get so dehydrated that my head was spinning and hurt so bad that I made myself sick. Probably the latter but we will be sticking with the first story since that one isn’t my fault. No need to add guilt in. But still, Craig ran and got me lots of easy-to-grab snacks and I’ve been keeping my water bottle close ever since.

Craig was great though. Even though I typically have to fight the urge to offer constructive criticism that he doesn’t really need, I never once worried about Lucy yesterday. And luckily I had even showed him Friday night when we went to take a walk how to use the ring sling. It is the second best way to get her to take a nap which is especially useful to Craig since he lacks the equipment for the top way. So all in all, he managed her quite well. He even made dinner which is better than I do sometimes.

So after a long, grueling Saturday we took it easy on Sunday. I did however, lay on the couch for a while organizing our pictures. I put copies of all my favorites into files according to the scrapbook pages I want to make so months from now when I actually have some time to scrapbook, I won’t feel quite so overwhelmed. And it was so much fun to look back over the last 6 weeks. Lucy has already grown so much. But I now feel remiss in posting my pictures. There are so many cute ones you all have just got to see. So the next week or two will probably be me playing catch-up with that. Especially since it is easy. But don’t worry. If babies aren’t your thing and you haven’t abandoned this blog already, Craig will have a few posts up with words I think.

No comments :

Post a Comment