4.05.2011

My internal calender is confused.

Lucy and I spent last week at my parent's where Lucy had fun playing with grandpa

  
  testing out Kip the puppy's dog bed,

exploring Uncle Ben's video games and

and showing Bubbie how well she can pat the bunny, look in the mirror, play peek-a-boo with Paul, and feel daddy's scratchy face.





This was our first visit since Lucy became really mobile but she did pretty well considering how much stuff there is that is new, exciting, and not at all babyproof. It was so cold that we didn't do much during the week but luckily it warmed up on Saturday just in time for one of Ben's baseball games.



Unfortunately they played a horrible team so it wasn't a very exciting double header (they called the first game after three innings since the score was 17-0 then the coach put in more freshman for the next game but they still won 17-1!) but it was nice to see Ben play and enjoy the sunny weather.





Sunday morning we took the train home and spent the afternoon catching up with Craig. He is working a weird schedule right now - he has to be in the office on the weekends but has Monday and Friday off. So even though Saturday felt like Saturday, knowing that he left work and was now free for a day made it feel like Friday. And yesterday was family time so it felt like a Sunday. It was nice to spend the day with him after being gone all week but we really had a hard time finding a way to spend it.

First we had great plans to go to a nearby park and explore the petting zoo and swings there but rain interfered. Then we decided to go visit a local hardware and livestock store that we have been meaning to check out but when we drove there - it was closed! I was a bit discouraged but then I realized that although it felt like Sunday, it was actually Monday and Hobby Lobby was open. Hurrah! I'm glad I remembered that since it meant Craig was around to help with the easter clothes fabric pick out. I hate picking out fabric by myself, I always second guess myself but I found some cute stuff and can't wait to get sewing.

I know my internal calender is going to be confused until I get used to this odd day off schedule but sometimes it works out in my favor! Of course, now the weekend is really over and I have to get back to business, but after a nice break, I'm ready.

No comments :

Post a Comment