5.01.2011

But by bedtime, the net result was still a good day.

Yes, this is a Saturday post and I probably won't have enough regular weekday posts so I should save it for Monday but I think the grandparents would mutiny...but that is getting ahead of myself.

Yesterday I went to the doctor. I have been sick on and off for almost a month now. I would feel bad, that can't get out of bed bad for 4-5 days, but eventually I would rally. Then I would wait a day or two, taking it easy, before finally deciding I must be better - only to get sick again 2-3 days later. I even had a doctors appointment last week but canceled because I felt fine that morning. But even the days I felt "good" I still didn't have much energy and to be honest, I was feeling lazy and discouraged. I am planning on adding a few things to my plate in the near future but was beginning to doubt my ability to even handle Lucy and the house. I even had Craig take a sick day or two when shutting Lucy and me up in our bedroom with a bunch of toys wasn't working anymore. I kept trying to tell cut myself some slack but my resolve was wearing thin.

But after seeing the doctor, I feel much better. Apparently I have a bad case of tonsilittis and have been in a bacterial battle for the last month. Oh, so that's why I felt so icky. I'm not one to jump right onto drugs and antibiotics but I do think they have a very special place in our world and personally, I have never been so happy to be given a pack of little pink pills as yesterday afternoon. Of course, Lucy and I will be eating yogurt like it is ice cream and I'll be popping probiotics They haven't kicked in yet so physically, I'm not doing the greatest but at least I know I'm not a hypochondriac housewife that can't hack it.

And the day picked up that evening. After we picked Craig up and got some takeout (no judging, I'm sick remember :-) we stopped by Target to get some baby gates and a cd player for some naptime routine changes we will be making. When we got home, I put Lucy down only to have her take her first steps right back to me!

Craig was there and in a second he yelled, "stall her!" (if you've seen Life As We Know It, you'll get the joke) and ran to get the camera. So technically, these are her ~3-8 steps but I think you will still enjoy them.

I'm so ridiculously proud of her. I know that almost all babies do learn to walk and it isn't like I did anything special to ensure she can walk but I feel like I did.

So at the end of the day, my throat is still throbbing, my house is still a mess and my fridge is empty, but I don't care. My baby can walk! And that made it a pretty good day.

2 comments :

  1. Okay, so blogger is being a meanie and won't let me edit the post to put the videos in but here are the links:

    http://youtu.be/wpUZlY6jlI0

    http://youtu.be/jpy2n55sST4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipee for Lucy walking!! Woo hoo!

    Antibiotics sure are important when needed, aren't they? I pray you are feeling all the way better by now!

    ReplyDelete