6.02.2011

Sneaky Pete

I feel like I’ve been sneaky lately. I’ve been keeping a secret. We’ve actually been away from home these last three weeks. I know none of you are obsessive enough to notice that my normal ratio of “this is how we roll” to “this is what we’ve been doing lately” posts has been askew, but if you had been, you might have noticed I haven’t said what we’ve been doing because I’m paranoid and don’t like announcing to the world that we will be vacating our home for 3 weeks even though everyone close enough to me to know where I live already knew we were going to be gone since we were missing church/bible study/playdates, etc. Still, better safe than sorry I say.
Anyway, Craig had to be gone for work and my mom and dad ended up needing extra help around his house this month. Those facts combined were enough to entice Lucy and I away from home. That and the fact that bubbies’ house has new toys (for Lucy) and netflix with its plethora of BBC miniseries options (for me).
I’m too worn out to think of all the fun we had but here is a brief summary
  • Swam (okay, we sat and splashed in 2 inches of water but it sounds cooler to say swam :-)
  • Walked Kip the puppy around the neighborhood.
  • Watched Ben play his last regular season high school baseball game at a real minor league field.
 110511 Baseball 079110511 Baseball 081
110511 Baseball 092 (he’s pitching here)
110511 Baseball 086
  • Watched Ben’s regional (here's my dad's version of that fun game!) and state games. Lucy actually liked the regional field with it’s two sad little bleachers better than the stadium because instead of having to stay seated, she got to play in all the fun rocks and dirt!
110526 Lucy baseball and park fun 051
  • Went antiquing.
  • Played with buckets on the front porch (she was obsessed with these bucket candles, not sure why though)
110526 Lucy baseball and park fun 059
  • Watched lots of British movies/series (How could it be that I had never seen North and South before? We remedied that and also saw Wives and Daughters and Miss Pettigrew lives for a day)
  • Learned how to get Grandpa to give her anything she wanted (In this case, cantaloupe)
110526 Lucy baseball and park fun 013 
  • Went to the park for swinging, sliding and bird watching.
110526 Lucy baseball and park fun 017b
 110526 Lucy baseball and park fun 019 110526 Lucy baseball and park fun 020 110526 Lucy baseball and park fun 043b
  • Did some major celebrating (but that’s a tale for another day)
Until then, just imagine me cleaning and doing laundry. Why is that no matter how clean you leave the house, as soon as you unload the car, it looks like a bomb went off? And top of the normal trip returning chaos, our dryer has decided it doesn’t want to get hot anymore – luckily it is warm and sunny and we have a clothesline, but it is taking me a while to regain control. But all this clotheslining has an upside. Lucy’s been “helping” me so much that I can actually take those quotation marks away. She now hands me the clothespins as I put up the clothes. It's the first time her help has been helpful! Yah!

1 comment :

  1. I LOVE the BBC miniseries! Just watched North and South this past weekend. So good! [my husband thinks it's hilarious]
    Glad everything went well on your trip!

    ReplyDelete