6.23.2011

Big Girl Room tour

I’ve been meaning to show you Lucy’s room for a while now. I even took the pictures back at the end of April but then life happened. But better late than never so here we go:
110511 Baseball 043
This is the view as you walk in, except I have absolutely no idea what that stripe on the left side of the picture is. To the right is the office area.
110511 Baseball 045 I’ve already talked about the in, out, and act baskets. The “picture” to the left of them is really a grain sack Craig found at his parent’s farm. We picked up a frame for 50% at Hobby Lobby.
110511 Baseball 046
Lucy’s bookshelf doesn’t have any of her books yet so there is lots of room for knick knacks like these little cowboy bookts and my marionette. My dad got it for me on one of his trips (from France?) a long time ago. I would rather display it another way, like hanging it, but I’m not sure how. If you have an idea, let me know.
110511 Baseball 049110511 Baseball 047110511 Baseball 048
Moving around the room, next up is her window. I made the curtain. The fabric is Mary Engrelbreit and has little blue shapes on it that remind me of a bandana print but girlier. I simply hemmed it using no-sew iron hem tape and used rings with clips. Rings with clips and no-sew iron tape are my new favorite things when it comes to curtains, they make it so easy. New since the picture is her prism she got for her birthday. I found it at an antique store the day before her birthday. It was only $2 but is so much fun, she likes to watch the rainbows it casts on her walls.
110511 Baseball 050
Her bed, and all her furniture actually, is my bedroom set when I was little. I  remember lying here reading Anne of Green Gables or listening to my homemade compilation tapes and makes me smile to think someday Lucy will do the same, except probably not the tapes part :-)
The other thing not shown is the paper poms-poms from her birthday party which I hung in the corner over the bed, like a big girl’s mobile.
110511 Baseball 053
The next wall is boring. But I do have plans for it. 110511 Baseball 054
Of course, I had to bring back her tree. Below the tree is her pull of bar area. Craig made this for her back when she was just starting to pull up but she still uses it. She loves to stand there and watch herself dance. Sometimes it even buys me a minute or two to blog. I left the fingerprints on the mirror for the picture because I want you to know I’m keeping it real on the ol’ blog.
110511 Baseball 051 110511 Baseball 052       
And that’s about it – for now.

2 comments :

  1. Cute little blue owl ;)

    I love the pull up area.

    Also, I meant to tell you a while back... but John still loves his little people set. We actually set up a little people village (we were blessed with like four sets at once) in his room and he often goes back there and plays by himself. It's a God sent. When Steven gets home, they go to the back and 'reorganize' the village before John goes to bed. If John has a full tummy he will happily play in his room with his little people for about 30 minutes. It's amazing!!! I highly recomend little people... and making her room a fun place for her to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is from Aachen, which is a great little city on the French-German border....

    Love the room!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete