7.27.2011

Crazy days

I feel like I just ran a marathon. No, that's not strong enough. How about I feel like I just finished a week of VBS? I didn't do that, but we have been pretty busy. First Craig was gone then we went to Chicago. The Chicago trip is going to be posted later, once I've had a chance to catch up on laundry, get rid of my hotel hair*, and download the many many pictures we took, but I can share the "excitement" of my 72 hours in a house alone with Lucy.

Craig was gone from Tuesday morning to Thursday evening. He's been gone before, and for much longer than that, but I've always retreated to my parent's with Lucy. Even though my work load isn't really any lighter there, it feels so much easier than being here alone. To give you a sense of the progression: I had plans to make Craig a nice homecooked meal before the weekend of travel food. My meal plan on Tuesday was chicken fried steak, mashed potatos, and green beans. On Wednesday it was spaghetti and green beans. Thursday is was "we're going out." Thursday was just a bad day. A real bad day. By then, she wanted her daddy and kept signing for him and pointing at the door. By then my patience was pretty much all used up and I wanted him too but there wasn't much I could do about it other than wait it out. I

When she woke up from her afternoon nap (after spending two grumpy hours refusing to sleep), we still had about an hour before it was time to pick up Craig but I knew we need to get out of the house. We were both too crabby and tired. So I threw her in the car (not literally, I wasn't that upset, maybe I should say I gently put her into her child safety seat and nicely adjust the buckles until she was snug and safe) and drove. I wasn't sure where we were going at first but we ended up at Panera. This was a good choice as it is relaxing and their salads have lots of good Lucy foods in the them (We had the chicken bbq which has black beans, corn and chicken - three of Lucy's favorite foods). Craig was able to be dropped off there and by then time he arrived, Lucy and Mommy were happy and calm but still very relieved to see him.

And then we had 12 hours to unpack, repack and head off to Chicago. But more on that later!

*Does anyone else get hotel hair. It doesn't matter if I use their shampoo or my own. I always seem to get hotel hair.

No comments :

Post a Comment