7.29.2011

Happy Birthday Ben!

Happy Birthday Little Brother,

I can't believe you are 18. I remember the day you were born. In fact, I remember going with mom to the ultrasound and finding out you were a boy. I was so disappointed you were not going to be a sister, but that might be the last time I was disappointed with you. And as long as you still agree to go shopping with me sometimes, I'll forgive you for not being a girl :-)

You are a great brother, a great friend and now, a great adult. I know this past year hasn't been what you were hoping for in your senior year but you have stepped up and shown yourself to be an amazing man. I'm so proud of you.

I've enjoyed spending so much time with you this year and being able to be a part of your life again. I'm going to miss seeing you every month when you go off to school but I know you will also be a great Aggie and they are lucky to have you.

And at the end of the day, you will still be my baby brother so it is my right to call you at school and bug you about grades and it you are getting enough sleep and eating enough vegetables, knowing full well that the answer to both of those questions is probably going to be no. But I promise not to call you that in public anymore.


2 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday to Ben! It's so hard and yet so great to watch these baby brothers grow up. (Just don't ask me about mine getting married. He's sixteen so I hope to have a lot of time to get used to that idea!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I thought it was a surprise to mom also when he was born that he was a boy! Ha, you two are good at keeping secrets. But I am glad you did. You have been a wonderful big sister to him; we are so proud of you.
    :<)
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete