7.08.2011

Blessed

It's 4:00 Thursday afternoon.

It's pouring out and I forgot about my clothes on the line until about 15 minutes after the rain started.

Lucy and I both have colds so we are sitting next to a big pile of used kleenex.

I'm missing two items for our meal tonight so dinner will be late.

My mom has her MRI today and her follow up with the doctor tomorrow and I'm not sure I want to hear what they have to say.

And yet...

Craig is one the way home...with those missing groceries.

My friend just welcomed her new little one into the world and I am reminded again how every new life is a miracle.

Lucy, snotty though she may be, is snuggled on my lap, trying to nurse but struggling because she keeps laughing at the silly faces I'm making.

My mom is still here with us today. Tomorrow I can call her and tell her all about Lucy's new obsessions and skills.

The rain seems to be washing away the thoughts Satan tries to send my way so now I can remember, I am blessed. 

2 comments :

  1. I agree on cherishing every moment you have with your mom (or any other member of your family). My mom was sadly taken too soon (she passed away in Jan 2009) right before we got pregnant. There are many days that I wish she were here to see Noah, so you are very lucky that you still have your mom. But even though I get sad, I know that she is looking down from heaven watching her grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post of reality and God's goodness.

    I am sorry for what you are enduring with your mother. I always pray for her, and for you.

    Beth, I am sorry to hear of your loss, and can only imagine the feelings of loss over your mom not being with her grandson.

    God Bless you ladies.

    ReplyDelete