4.05.2012

The List

Right now, I feel like I have a million things I want to do. So I made a list. Its what I do. I think there are two types of people in the world: list lovers and list haters. List lovers, like myself, feel like a weight had been lifted when the put things down on a list. If its on the list, its safe, it will happen (someday) so I can stop fretting over it and just start slowly working away. List haters see a long list, or in my case, a sub-divided list with several levels of bullet points, and freak out. Sadly, I think I'm turning Craig into a list hater.

I'm not sure I'm nesting or its just a matter of my finally have (a little bit of ) time/energy to work on the things I've been wanting to do (now that the kitchen is almost done, our traveling has mostly ceased and I'm no longer nauseous all day) but I am a woman on a mission when it comes to all those little house things I've been thinking up for the past year, and I'm dragging Craig with me. I'll go with the former because it makes me feel motherly, even though pretty much none of the things on this list really have to do with Dewey. Sadly, I don't really need to do or buy anything for him/her other than a new car seat. And I think we'll get the same one we have for Lucy so I don't even have anything to research. But at least I can say I'm nesting, right?

Kitchen: SOOOO Close!

- Last trip to Ikea
- Install remaining drawers/cabinet door
- Install remaining drawer pulls
- Replace temporary island countertop with butcher block
- Install backsplash
- Decide on and order stools for island
- Buy and install blinds

Bathroom:

- Order baskets for closet
- Reorganize closet
- Order one more basket because apparently I can't count :-)
- Add "green"
- Hooks at Lucy height

General Area Closets:

- Paint
- Shuffle
- Order baskets for cat supplies, hats/gloves, etc
- Find new home for brooms so Lucy can get hers without seeing paint and getting distracted
- Find new home for board games since Tray/Art supplies are taking over

Lucy's room:
- New bedding
- Finish tot wardrobe (Craig and I finished assembling this last night, just needs sanding and staining now!)
- Rain gutter bookshelf  (Started and finished this yesterday, pics coming soon)
- Decide if new bedding matches embroidery hoop wall fabric; if so, finally hang fabric hoops
- Blackout blinds

Living Room:
- Frames for Art Gallery
- Reading nook (darn you Ikea for being out of spice racks last weekend or this would be done!)
- Unroll rug as soon as latest potty training crisis is over
- Watch Craigslist for the perfect brown leather sofa for a really good price (hey, miracles can happen!)

Master bedroom:
- Make room for Craig's non-closet clothes
- Find a small bench/chair so Craig has an acceptable "used but not yet dirty clothes spot" before WWIII breaks out
- Pare down trinkets/memory items so dusting is possible
- Repaint nightstands
- Spray paint lamps
- New lampshades
- Art for above baby dresser
- Art for above headboard
- Make jewelry holder for wall
- Put together succulent terrarium/arrangement

That's it - for now at least. I've got about 5 months, think we can do it all?

2 comments :

  1. I am totally a list maker, and this is an impressive list! You can do it--one thing at a time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a lapsed list-maker. I feel better when I make one but lately I've been letting everything slide.

    Gotta say that I love the "find place for used but not dirty clothes" item on your list. My husband and I have struggled over this too.

    ReplyDelete