8.05.2013

Random Monday!

And look at that, it's actually still Monday. I numbered these but not really sure why.

1) I really want to learn Hangul because. Well, I don't know why really, I just do. So there. I don't mean I want to learn Korea although I don't not mean that either. I just want to learn the alphabet/sounds. A lot of people did this while living in Korea. I don't know why I didn't. What was wrong with me? Didn't I know that 10 years later I would develop an obsession with the country that at the time I wanted nothing to do with? Anyway, that's a current goal. Who's with me?!

2) We turned Lucy's car seat around last week. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Before she would sit facing the back seat and quietly look at books, only talking when she needed something. She was a horrible car seat passenger as a baby but a great toddler/kid. But now front facing, the talking, and talking and talking! She just doesn't stop. We are working on not talking when I'm in the city and trying to figure out where I'm going because I can't handle that but now she'll tell me "Oh mommy, it's straight now so I can talk!" or "Are we on the highway now? Can I talk now?" I know I should appreciate these moments of conversation but car rides used to be one time I could just think. I miss it. Also, since she can see me, I can no longer give her a healthy snack and secretly eat my chocolate. :-(

On the positive side, she's suddenly noticing a lot of things now and it's pretty hilarious because she thinks everything is bee-u-tee-ful. "Oh momma, look at the beautiful lights on that truck!" and "That sign look like a sea shell, I love it!"

3) Lucy's first swim lesson is tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous about how it will go. She's been loving the pool this summer and is really looking forward to them but this will be the first time she's been in a class where she has to do what she's told. Craig will be in the water with her which may help but we'll see how much her strong willed spirit comes out. Either way, I'm excited for her. My baby, getting big and heading off into the big world of the "tugboats!"


1 comment :

  1. We're with you on the talking. Saturday we drove home from a wedding which was held 2 hours away from our house. It was after bedtime. But did the children fall asleep? No. Constant talking, mostly from the 2 yr old.

    On a family walk last night she color commentated the whole thing. "Oh, there's a white dog. That guy has a red shirt. Dad's shirt is red. There's another dog..."

    So. Much. Talking.

    Hard on these introvert parents. ;)

    ReplyDelete