7.01.2018

June Fun Photo Dump

June has been a busy (and super hot) month but we have managed to sneak in some fun. The kids wanted to have a "family date" for Father's Day and suggested a picnic. I saw the weather was predicting 96+ that day so steered them toward a watery location for said picnic. This isn't our normal "watering hole" but it was a lot of fun. One section was quite deep so Lizzy got to try actually swim (she's a fan), the kid's got to fish with nets (also fans!) and Craig and I just spent a lot of time keeping people from drowning and taking them potty. But Mother's Day and Father's Day aren't really about us at this stage are they?







All I really wanted was a decent picture of the three kids and their dad. Well, I got some pictures. I'll leave you to decide if they are decent. (I haven't gotten around to editing them yet. If I waited for that, I'd be posting this in October :-)








And for those of that you that follow me on Instagram, you might notice I don't seem to post as many of Jonah as the girls. But as you can see, he doesn't quite seem to grasp the concept of staying still for a photo. So if I'm using my phone camera instead of my nice one like here, it's just no match for him and he's pretty much a blur. But he's my blur, so that's okay. 

I also finally managed to get some pictures of Lucy's playing softball. It took my until the last game to 1) remember to bring the camera and 2) remember to charge the battery the night before. 

This was Lucy's first year of softball and she had a great time. The league was run by a local church and did a great job teaching the kids the basics but making it fun.They also have all the kids on the field at once and multiple coaches so it's a bit messy looking but she actually learned quite a bit this year about how the game of softball works. And despite the really hot season (seriously, May isn't even summer but I think every game but the one where we were sitting in the rain was 85+), it was a lot of fun to watch her. Because at this age, it's fun when they are good - and its fun when they aren't. 



Lucy got to be on the same team as three of her good friends. I don't normally show pictures of other people's kids on this blog but I figured this one was okay.




Pre-game prayer




Instead of parents bringing snacks, each kid gets a ticket for a free snowcone from the snow cone truck in the parking lot. I was a mean mom and made Lucy wait and get one every third week so everyone could have one. They all had fun learning about the joys of Tiger's blood. 


Lucy also had a week of Art Camp. It was her first day camp experience and she was nervous about being gone from 9:30-3:30 but she had such a great time that by Tuesday she was already requesting to do a second week. Next year we might have to make that happen. 



This self portrait was her favorite piece but I think she mostly just enjoyed trying new media styles and getting to spend all day every day all week doing art without  any little siblings interrupting her or messing up her projects. It can be hard to be the eldest. 

Lucy wasn't the only one who had a busy month. The highlight of Norah's month was probably the penny swallowing incident. All's well that ends well but hanging out at an ER isn't my preferred way to spend a bunch of money on a Saturday night. It came right after her Poison Ivy incident which is why her face looks all swollen. 



This girl keeps my on my toes. Good thing she's cute. 


Craig also took the bigger kids to the rodeo again. I still am not sure if they enjoy it because of the events or because they like picking out a fair snack that contains almost 0% real ingredients. 


We finished off our month yesterday with a bit of blueberry picking. It was a late year for berries at our local place so it was a bit on the hot side but we got there early and got a good haul. 




Oh wait, I do have some pictures of Jonah. Apparently he stole my phone and had a grand old time. Mostly videos (that he clearly thing are pictures because I hear him telling his sisters to stand still and smile :-) but a few selfies as well. So I guess we know where Norah learned her stinker skills!



And that was our June. How was yours?


No comments :

Post a Comment