12.16.2020

The Man in the Brown Suit

I definitely hit the mysteries, especially golden age/cozy mysteries pretty hard this year. I feel no guilty in this. But of all that I read, The Man in the Brown Suit (published 1924) was a favorite! I've always said that I like Agatha Christie but I wish I liked her detectives more and this proved my point. 

I love a plucky young heroine and Anne is just that. She's so fun. This whole book is fun and fast-paced and a great escape read that is still well written. It's hard to talk too much about mysteries without giving things away but as far as the mystery itself goes - I didn't see it coming and I loved that!

I know 2020 is coming to an end but the craziness isn't so if you too are looking for a few more light-hearted mysteries in your life, definitely check this one out. 



No comments :

Post a Comment