12.26.2020

Classics Challenge 2020 Wrap-up

I finished! The Back to the Classics Challenge is the only one of my challenges I fully completed and I had to pick re-reads and mysteries instead of harder stretching books that I usually do but I'm okay with at. Also, as I get older, I find I really like re-reading books because I can see my growth as a reader and a person. There are upsides to getting older. My back hates it but my brain doesn't. I'm still really glad I did this challenge. I'm not sure I'll commit to the full 12 next year (although I say that ever year and every year I can't let it go!) but I've already pulled a few classics off the shelf to put in my "next year pile. 

1. 19th Century Classic. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

2. 20th Century Classic. The Man in the Brown Suit

3. Classic by a Woman Author. Laddie

4. Classic in Translation. Silence 

5. Classic by a Person of Color. Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglas

6. A Genre Classic. Trent's Last Case

7. Classic with a Person's Name in the Title. Mrs. Mike

8. Classic with a Place in the Title. Death on the Nile. 

9. Classic with Nature in the Title. How the Heather Looks

10. Classic About a Family. Mansfield Park

11. Abandoned Classic. The Odyssey

12. Classic Adaptation. Sanditon / Emma. 

No comments :

Post a Comment