9.12.2007

What will they think of next!

I love a lot of things and two of things are
1. Crescent Rolls, Pillsbury (or store brand fake Pillsbury) - beneath that metal and cardboard exterior is a wealth of opportunities. They can become one of Craig's favorite meals, Chicken Packets (filled with cream cheese, chicken, and chives, yummm) a fancy cherry cheese danish like the one I served for dessert when we had our friends over last week (easy and tasty), or just a delicious buttery roll.

2. Kitchen Shortcuts. I love easy things. Most nights, I would much rather spend my time reading or quilting or talking to my husband than on dishes or cooking. Sometimes I like to cook fancy things or bake delicious treats with or for Craig, but overall, time savers are welcome. But...

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!



So ridiculous that I hate to even put the ad here but I can't find a non-ad picture. How lazy are you if you can't even roll up the crescent roll from a pre-scored sheet. Seriously people! Plus, by having them this way, it seems like you are losing so much of the wonderful versatility that crescent rolls offer. I can't make these into danishes, these are useless to me! I don't know why this irks me so much but it does. So they aren't getting an auspicious start towards pleasing me but please tell me you think that their ridiculous too!





Auspicious -
1.promising success; propitious; opportune; favorable
2.favored by fortune; prosperous; fortunate

6 comments :

  1. Your descriptio of chicken packets just BLEW MY MIND. . . . Could you tell me how to make those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love those chicken packets, too!! everyone in my house just gobbles them up.

    here's an easy way to make them, so you don't have to stuff them individually...i make a braid with the crescent rolls and then slice it up for serving.

    have you done this? if you have, i'll spare myself the embarrassment of trying to explain it. if not, i'll do my best to explain...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, those cookies that come pre-shaped so you just plop them onto a cookie sheet (or the brownies) ri-dang-diculous! Is it so hard to slice and bake? I saw that commercial and it made me laugh because of your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craig bought some of those square cookie dough things from a guy at work's kid who was selling them for a fundraiser. They were ridiculously expensive and not as good as homemade but it's for a good cause. But I do like being able to have access to a cookie right from the oven, 20 minutes after I decide I want one. Technically it should be 40 because the box says to let them sit for 20 minutes. I say Boo that, if I did that growing up, I would never have gotten any cookies at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hhmmm...maybe we should charge for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete