9.23.2007

Weekend adventures

I rained yesterday. Yesterday night when I was all cuddled up with a blanket on the couch watching "Everybody loves Raymond" I was completely okay with the rain. Yesterday afternoon when I was running through the zoo soaking wet, I wasn't quite as okay with it.

We actually went down to SLC to go to an art gallery. One of our friends was having a gallery showing and we wanted to see all his stuff. But at that time, you know, when we were inside, it was only a little cloudy. The closer we got to the zoo, the yuckier it it got. Craig and I are really good at rolling with the punches so we still had a good time. We still got to see the crazy white but not albino alligator. And we watched giraffes eat. The rain actually made that cooler because they didn't want to be outside either so they came inside into their pens and we could climb up to a second floor loft and watch them up close. And we spent a lot of time in the reptile and small animal houses. Because really, do you need to see more of a camel than what you can see as you dash by on the way to the next covered building? I think not.

On the way back we stopped off at Target and spent the last of our wedding gift cards. It made me reminisce about when I used to live by a Target and could go there whenever I wanted. Those were happy days. Seriously, Target is such a great store, even if you don't call it Tar-jay, which I, of course, do.

I got a really cute sweater for $18. The clothes they have there this season are great. But I do have one complaint. They had gloves and hats out. No! It is not time for winter which means I have no reason to buy gloves or hats, even if they are really cute with polka dots that match my brand new sweater. No. The leaves have just started turning colors this week and I have just started to need a jacket so don't rush me into winter. I am not ready. I haven't even gotten Craig to take the air conditioner out of the window let alone get it into the basement for storage. I haven't dragged out my suitcases full of fall clothes and packed away my shorts and t-shirts. I haven't bought a single pumpkin and in a quest to become Martha Stewart, carved it out and turned it into a candle holder. I do not have a basket full of pine cones sitting on my table. I have not even prepared for fall, let alone winter. Gosh, I have a lot to do. I better go.

3 comments :

  1. I WANT A FREAKING TARGET IN THE FREAKING VALLEY.

    Maybe if I keep saying "Freaking" someone will listen to me and build one instead of another FREAKING WALMART!

    (Please? Pretty please?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Loralee! I want the Target too!!!

    On another note... we took the air conditionairs out of the windows a few days ago, AND we had to turn on the heat last night. Up here in CV it got COLD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are holding out on turning on the heat, and by we, I mean Craig. I would have turned it on already but the house we are in has so little insulation it would just be like heating the whole valley anyway.

    ReplyDelete