9.13.2007

Drum roll please

My posts lately have kinda been few and far between compared to the previous months and I do apologize. But work has been busy and stressful; good, but stressful. And life has been busy, although not to stressful. I just have had things going on almost every night this week. And I'm sick. Except I'm not.

I am ready to announce that I am not sick, I have allergies. GASP! I have NEVER had allergies before (I'm talking the sinus kind, I have ton of skin allergies, but that is a different story). Lots of people in my family have them, my mom, my little bro, cousins, etc and they have them BAD, but I have always been able to breath in any flower, roll in any freshly mowed yard, and play with any dust mite and not have to worry about sniffles or watery eyes. Not that I do these things, but I could. I will even admit to secretly and thinking to myself how awful it would be to have allergies. A never ending cold-like illness that you can't do much about? Boy would that suck. And it does. But I can no longer convince myself that I have had a 7 week long cold.

Last night I made Craig get me some Claritin from the grocery store and it seemed to help last night, but I still feel crappy today. Maybe they lie when they say it lasts for 24 hours but I don't really feel like the fog is gone as the commercials would lead you to believe. But I won't give up yet, I have received the "go with Claritin" advice from a well educated medical expert with lots of experience (aka - the mom) and I have faith. At least for one or two more days.

The thing I hate most about allergies is that I can't blame anything for feeling so crappy. When I feel sick, I like to have something to blame. It could be anything really, "Oh, stupid virus, this is all your fault" or "Oh, stupid bacteria, this is all your fault" or even "Oh, stupid uterus, this is all your fault." But I haven't figured who I should blame yet. I suppose I could say "Oh, stupid basophils, this is all your fault" but I just don't think it is smart to go around insulting your immune system. It could backfire.

I might place the blame with sagebrush. I don't like it, it smells funky, it's ugly, and it's everywhere in Utah. I have lived in tons of places (ok, more like 10) and have never had problems with allergies. But what is different between those places and this place: the sage brush. This is very unscientific because there are a lot of other things that are probably different too but I am going to stick with the sage brush.




PS - Mormons are also something I've never lived around before, at least in such large numbers. But I don't think they cause allergies.

3 comments :

  1. I actually got generic Claritin (Loratadine), but same difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig, I always go with the generic as well. Why pay 150% more for the same item? And I do find that Claritin works best for my allergies; no creepy, crawly side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if I had said I made you go get me Loratadine, no one would have known what I was talking about.

    ReplyDelete