3.03.2010

The Show Before "The Today Show"

That's what I was on on Friday morning. Throughout the Olympics, the local station did cute little segments in which they had people come on to demonstrate the sports of the Winter Games. Through my association with a group trying to form a curling club here, I got to participate in the curling demonstration. This required me to get up at 3:20 am and spend the pre-dawn hours on an outdoor ice rink. The things I do for the love of the game. But I got to meet some other curling enthusiasts and club participants. Here's a clip from our segment. You can see me at the end.


1 comment :

  1. Isn't curling like that shuffleboard game you play in bars? Only with brooms? And on ice? And in freezing weather? But, do they serve beer at curling competitions? That's all I want to know.
    I've learned a lot from these Olympics, though. I thought curling was what you did in a beauty salon. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete