10.18.2010

Good Strategy?

I was reading capsules in the local paper about county council races that will be decided in November, and I came across one candidate whose chances of winning might not be great.  Here's why:
  • In regards to his campaign strategy, the candidate, who shall remain nameless, will, according to the article, "rely on his 37 years of community involvement, instead of going out to meet potential voters."
  • In regards to the budget, he said, "I would probably propose that we do a [new] half-cent sales tax."
In local races like this, being known by a lot of people is often enough to win, so this candidate might be able to overcome these hurdles. I hope not. I'll let you know how this race turns out.

1 comment :

  1. HAHAHA!!! Wow! I'd like to hope that people will vote for me because my family likes me and I helped a guy once. Do I know laws? no. Do I know how the government works? no. Do I have an awesome haircut and a new suit that makes me look dapper? why yes I do!

    ReplyDelete