10.05.2010

Quick update

Update: Things when pretty well. She is out of surgery and stable. More information here.

Update: They pushed the surgery back to this morning. It's a good thing. They were able to temporarily get the swelling to go down with steroids so they wanted to give her more time. The more time she has to get strong and get the swelling down, the better off she will should be. It is scheduled to start around 8.


Lucy and I are at my parent's house right now while most of the rest of my family is at the hospital. No matter what, we won't be able to see her today so I know it is better for us to be here to "man the fort" as my dad would say and it certainly is much easier to have Lucy here but I also wish I was there with them. My dad played with Lucy for a few minutes yesterday so I could go in with my mom last night and say hi and tell her I love her (as a baby, Lucy isn't allowed back in the ICU). Before I got to the hospital I had thought she would have already started surgery so it was a nice surprise to have those moments. Of course, they weren't long enough. They never will be. But we are praying this goes well and really makes a big difference.

My mom is undergoing brain surgery this afternoon. It was not planned but she had a rough night and ended up going back to the hospital very early this morning. They are going to be removing the dead tumor to help relieve pressure on her brain. We are all nervous but hopeful. Please keep her in your prayers.

No comments :

Post a Comment