10.29.2010

Wedding Weekend

It was a packed weekend. We got to Austin Thursday morning and after a little nap then headed to the rehearsal. Lucy made it through the first go through hanging out with Craig but soon decided that only mom would do. Luckily I’ve been a bridesmaid before and groomswomaning isn’t very different.

1001122 Wedding weekend 005 I’m not sure what we found so amusing but apparently someone said something funny.

1001122 Wedding weekend 012 Lucy is hanging with two of her three favorite uncles.

We tried to convoy to the rehearsal dinner but someone had a little breakdown on the way so we sent the rest of the family ahead. After a change of clothes we continued (have I ever mentioned that when Lucy gets really upset, she projectile vomits?). Before we got there though, we had to change clothes again due to a diaper incident - so much for preparing cute outfits in advance! Luckily once we got to the bbq place (of course, what other food would we eat in Texas!) she quickly fell asleep in the sling and slept through most of it.

Friday was wedding day! We spent the morning at the house, I tried to get Lucy to take really good naps and my brother and his friends worked all the kinks out of the video feed system. We had to get to the church fairly early for pictures but this time I had learned my lesson and kept Lucy in a diaper until the very end.

1001122 Wedding weekend 030 Windsor is a true kindred spirit and baby lover, holding a baby while in her wedding dress is brave indeed! This is only the picture Craig captured on the sly. I can’t wait to see the real ones. 1001122 Wedding weekend 036 Eventually I did get her dressed though so we could get a few family type pictures.

1001122 Wedding weekend 037C’mon guys, calm down. Let’s try again.

1001122 Wedding weekend 039 That’s better.

Then it was walk down the aisle time! The wedding was wonderful: the homily was great, all about how to share the gospel through your marriage, then after the vows and rings were exchanged, we had the Eucharist and Rick and Windsor served us the wine. It was so sweet.

Windsor looked gorgeous. The theme was vintage and family and when everything was described to me these past few months, I couldn’t really picture it but once I saw it, I totally got it and it all looked beautiful. Craig and Lucy didn’t get to see much of the wedding. Lucy was just not in the mood to sit and be quiet so they hung around outside with another baby/parent duo.

Then the party started! They had a live band. They were really good but a bit loud for a baby so we stayed in the back. That didn’t mean we didn’t dance though – here is Lucy and her daddy swaying to “My Girl”. Isn’t a burpy the perfect accessory to a nice suit?

1001122 Wedding weekend 050 But I have to say that watching my cousin’s little ones dance was way more fun that dancing ourselves.

1001122 Wedding weekend 051 1001122 Wedding weekend 052

Some of you might recognize L, he was my ring bearer. He is quite a bit bigger now although just as cute and as you can see, quite smooth.

After dinner, I took a few minutes to look at the tables they had set up. They had brought it a lot of neat family things, like story cards in the favor bags so we read about her family and remember some of our families’ favorite times. There were pictures of not just Rick and Windsor but lots of family pictures as well. And as I mentioned before, a table with notes to write for my mom. I love how family is so important to both of them and I love that now both of them are a part of my family! Yeah for a new sister/aunt.

Unfortunately, we didn’t make it through the whole event since Lucy hit her breaking point about 10pm but I do hope to watch the rest next time I visit my parents. It was okay since I was in charge of getting Ben back to the house at a relatively reasonable hour as well. He had the ACT test early in the morning – but that’s a whole other story.

Most weddings end with the reception but not this one. Since it was on a Friday night, we still had all of Saturday to celebrate. Saturday morning we took a little cruise up the lake. It rained right before and right after the cruise but I guess the weather knew we were trying to celebrate because it was gorgeous during the ride. Here’s the newly married couple, aren’t they cute?

1001122 Wedding weekend 058 Here’s the not-so-newly married couple, but we’re cute too, right?1001122 Wedding weekend 060The aloe is in the picture because just a few minutes before this picture was taken, Lucy grabbed it and poked herself in the eye with it. I guess Craig wanted to remember the traumatic experience? The cruise was great because it gave me a chance to catch up with my middle school friend Emily before she had to leave town again.

1001122 Wedding weekend 070Saturday evening I took absolutely no pictures, but that was only because I was too busy talking and eating. We had a bbq with family and old friends that we pretty much consider family. Lucy even cooperated and slept well on my dad’s bed in the back of the house so I could actually talk to people. It was a great time to catch up on what everyone has been up to lately and say goodbye to Rick and Windsor one last time before we all went our separate ways. Sunday morning, bright and early, we flew back home and I took a nice long nap.

1 comment :

  1. Great pictures! I love your sister-in-law's dress. Sounds like -other than missing your mom, of course - a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete