11.18.2022

Lucy turns 12

Lucy turned 12 while we were in Majorca this year. She loves the beach so this was a fun way to celebrate with her. But then I forgot to publish her birthday answers. And then I kept waiting to publish the next kid's until I finished hers. So here we are in November with 4 kids birthday questions undone! Ahh, how did I used to blog so much? Where did I find the time? 

But on the plus side, I can write the final wrap up with a bit more perspective on what twelve year old Lucy is like! 

Dear Lucy,

I love you at twelve. You're still straddling that girl/teen line but in all the best ways. You're hardworking and helpful and mature. You love your younger siblings and are always willing to twirl Norah or help Jude draw a picture or write a word. You were a great teacher at VBS with all the 4-5 year olds. You're such an artist and always have an amazing way of viewing things. You're very creative and passioanate about your art and will work tirelessly to make your visual come to life. You don't love big groups of people but you are an amazing friend and listener. You sometimes are a bit of a puddleglum in our family - but like puddleglum, you add to our family in ways that we need and we wouldn't be the same without you. You have such a way with words. I love that you know what you like and what you don't and you aren't bothered by others opinions...and just when I think I have you figured out, you surprise me! It's such fun watching you grow and become even more of yourself. 


What is your favorite color? Light Teal, light blue and navy

What is your favorite toy? Puzzles and Art Supplies

What is your favorite game? Carcasonne and Clue

What is your favorite song? Peter Hollen's Hobbit and Lord of the Ring inspired songs

What is your favorite animal? Wolves, Foxes, All big cats. 

What is your favorite book? Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Mysterious Benedict Society series, and Enola Holmes series. 

What do you like to snuggle with at night? Live Lizzie. 

What is your favorite movie? The Harry Potters

What is your favorite thing to eat? Gyros and Creamy Potato Soup

Where is your favorite place to go?  Greece

What is your favorite outfit? Jeans and t-shirts. 

What do you like to learn about? What I like to learn about that is not a school subject is the language of flowers. My favorite school subject is greek language. 

What have you learned in the last year? Greek 

What is hard for you? Latin

What is your favorite thing to do as a family? Travel

What do you like about Mom? That you travel with me and spend one on one time with me like in Belgium.  

What do you like about Dad? That he drives us places like Tae Kwon Do and is involved in our activities. 

What do you like about Jonah?  That he let's me play with "his" legos. 

What do you like about Norah? Because she is hilarious and she always wants me to play with her. 

What do you like about Jude? He is even more hilarious than Norah is. 

What do you like about yourself? That I am "like okay" at art. 

What do you want to be when you grow up?  Author and Artist


No comments :

Post a Comment