11.18.2022

Mrs 'Arris goes to Paris


This was so cute! I actually had The Picture of Dorian Gray in this category before I realized it was actually written in 1890 so ten years too soon! And I already have that category done. So I read it for nothing.  Just kidding. But it was such a rookie mistake - and I've been doing this challenge for years so I really have no excuse. Although I must say that while Dorian Gray a perfectly fine book, I do think this one will be more fun to blog about anyway so all is well. 

So as I said, this was adorable. I actually read this before I even knew they were making a new movie version. I've heard good things about the movie version but I have such vivid pictures in my head of all the people that I'm a bit afraid to mess that up by watching it.  Mrs 'Arris is a lovely little down to earth cleaning lady who suddenly decides she wants a Dior dress. So she starts to scrimp and save. And with a bit of "movie magic" type situations, she get it and off she goes to Paris. I love Mrs. 'Arris. I love the way she interacts with everyone she meets and the relationships she forms on her journey. As someone who first visited Paris this summer myself, and who, despite all my traveling, still feels that bit of fish out of water, what am I doing here stuff, I just thought this couldn't be more delightful. 

As soon as I finished it, I checked out Mrs. 'Arris goes to New York which is even more far fetched and therefore not quite as charming but definitely still a decent pick for when you need something safe and cozy but still worth reading. 

Mrs 'Arris goes to Paris is my Back to the Classics 20th century selection

No comments :

Post a Comment