12.28.2007

The shoe blues, no more.

I went to the mall yesterday. I don't like the mall. I only go when I absolutely have to. But when I do go, I never find what I need. I need cute casual shoes to wear with jeans - nope, they don't exists. I need jeans - the mall is suddenly devoid of jeans. I need something festive to wear to a Christmas concert, there is nothing festive out there other than bright red reindeer sweaters. Ahhh!

But I had procrastinated as much as I could. I needed to find a pair of silver dress shoes by today. Maybe I should have gone before Christmas but I didn't know I would be sick and I would still rather go when I am deathly ill rather than try to go before Christmas. Oh, the horror of the mall before Christmas.

So out I went. I tried to be optimistic with thoughts that many silver shoes are out there for occasions like prom and fancy-shmancy New Year's Eve parties. There should be silver shoes coming out of the wazoo this time of year. Well, not so much. I went to Payless. Nothing. That's not true, there are a ton of cute shoes there. I probably saw 10 pairs that I would love to own, but nothing that would be acceptable for a wedding. I went to J.C. Penney's. Nada. I went to Dillards. Nope, lots of really expensive ugly shoes, but nothing silver, nothing dressy. I went back to J.C. Penney to buy a kinda ugly pair because that is all I could find and I was sad. A hard, deep sadness that only comes when you are about to purchase shoes that you know are ugly but you also know you have no choice.

Then I saw them. How did I miss them the first time? They are cute. They are dressy. They are as comfortable as fashionably possible. They are silver. And not a super disco ball metallic silver, no, a dark pewter silver, just as instructed. They are also $50. But that is okay. My feet need to look good so I will pay the $50 and think of what to tell Craig later. But what is this, a sign saying that all shoes by blah-blah-blah shoe designer are marked down to $24.95. These shoes are designed by blah-blah-blah shoe designer!. And look, what is this little red tag. These particular shoes are marked down even lower, to $19.99. Ah, it's a shoe miracle!

I still don't like the mall. But I do like my shoes.


4 comments :

  1. those ARE cute! good find MacKenzie! (I agree shopping after Christmas, sounds appealing, until you're actually out there)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bought some silver shoes at PAYLESS of all places, for $9.99.

    they're for my wedding. and they have a low heel so i won't tower over paul...

    ReplyDelete
  3. so i just got a closer look at your shoes, and I have those exact shoes in a goldish coppery color! I got them in the spring for ring dance (not that that is really important to know...) i just thought i'd share, because that's what i do

    ReplyDelete
  4. jess - I checked out payless first. They didn't have what I needed but they do have a really good selection of shoes at a really good price. Me and payless are practically bff.

    amanda - see, your love of sharing is another good reason you should start a blog...you know, once you are a married lady who only has a job and lots of free time :-)

    ReplyDelete