12.19.2007

WFMW - Have pie, will travel.

This was meant to be a Thanksgiving WFMW but life was crazy then so I decided to post it now when it might be useful for upcoming Christmas events when you need to carry a bunch of baked goods.

I made three pies for Thanksgiving but then was stuck with trying to figure out how to get them to the dinner on the other side of town. I don't own one of those fancy pie/cake carrying cases that stacks them and they normally only hold two things anyway. I thought about using boxes but only one pie fits in each box and they end up taking up a lot of room and we still had to fit a lot of other stuff in the car. But Craig come to the rescue with this:

(please ignore all the random junk in the picture, as well as the odd angle that makes it look like it was taken by a giant, I'm not sure what that's about)

Yep, it's just a long, skinny, shallow (I heart adjectives) rubbermaid container. It fits three pies (or cakes or 9x9 pans) perfectly. Plus, you can actually use it those other 10.5 months of the year when you aren't transporting bakery items around town. And it doesn't take up a lot of room. We had it sitting on three laps in the back of our car, but I wouldn't recommend that if those laps belong to children, that's kinda risky.

And that is what works for me.

No comments :

Post a Comment