4.19.2008

My weekend, thus far

We had great plans for the weekend, we were to supposed to head down south for some camping. Early in the week though we had to scrap that as Craig was told he had to work Sunday. It was a little disappointing but we just pushed our camping trip back till a couple weeks from now. It did mess up my meal planning though as I had already bought all the camping stuff but didn't have any "regular" meals planned for after Thursday and I was all psyched up for some nice warm weather. But I resigned myself.

Then Friday comes and Craig calls me in the afternoon to tell me something to let me know that they changed their mind, he doesn't have to work Sunday after all. LAME! Even if they had told him Thursday afternoon we would still have been able to go but by then it was too late.

Oh, well. C'est la vie, n'est-ce pas? But it did work out alright. The weather was great yesterday and today so that wasn't a problem and since we were here last night we were able to go with some friends to King Lear at USU. One of the girls we went with hadn't had the best experiences with the USU drama department and said their version of Macbeth had a "punk goth" spin complete with guns and trench coats. I think we were all holding our breaths to see if this was going to be worth our time, but it was pretty good. I didn't know anything more than the basic storyline going into to the play but I was able to follow it and I though most of the actors/actresses did a good job. It sure was long though. I mean, even with it being enjoyable, I found it hard to sit still for over two hours. I got all fidgety. Plus, it is hard to concentrate for such a long time. With Shakespeare,you really do have to pay attention the whole time; if you let your mind wander for even a few minutes, by the time you start paying attention again, you are lost.

Today was lazy day. We did a little grocery shopping, I went to the library to pick up some of the books you guys recommended (Thanks!) and read some magazines. I got a good amount of scrapbook done which is good. I want to get caught up before we go to Arches, I know I will take a ton of pictures like I did at Zion. I already have 5 or 6 pages just for that trip and I'm not done! But I'm so close now to having all last year done and the closer I get the more inspired I get to finish. Right now, I have some granola cooking so the whole place smells like walnuts and brown sugar - yum. And I'm going to say goodbye so that I can watch Harry Potter with my husband. Even though things didn't turn out the way I wanted this weekend, life is still pretty good from where I sit.

No comments :

Post a Comment