8.14.2008

Nostalgia

Being a military brat, I have lived moved to a lot of places, made a lot of memories, and left a lot of places. But I rarely get to go back. It's been interesting here because almost every street, building, and store reminds me of something.

And so on all our errands, poor Craig has had to listen to me reminisce as he drives. And while most of these memories are legitimately special:

"Craig, look, it's the church where we got marrriiieed"

"Craig, look, it's the place where you propoooosed"

"Craig, look, it's the conference center where we had our receeeption"

Others aren't so much:

"Craig, look, it's the store where I tried on wedding dresses but I didn't get mine there because all the ones they had were ugly"

"Craig, look, it's the building where I had one of my first classes, it was geography, I hated it."

"Craig, the last time I was in this HEB (grocery store) was when I went to pick up our wedding flowers"

"Craig, look, it's the parking lot where I first got on the bus to go to fish camp"

"Craig, this is the metal detector we had to go through to get to the marriage license office"
(this time we were on our way to register the car)

Ah, sweet memories of metal detectors. Don't worry Craig, this too shall pass.

No comments :

Post a Comment