2.27.2009

25 facts about me!

1) I like Jesus. A lot.

2) If I could describe my perfect life, it would involved a little house, a big yard with a garden and a compost pile (for Craig to deal with), chickens, a dog or two, maybe a goat, a clothesline, a bunch of kids and a lack of shoes.

3) Instead I spend my days in a windowless lab, fighting the good-but-never-ending fight against breast cancer. But I like this life too.

4) After growing up in military housing with standard army white walls, I already have decided what color to paint my walls when we are finally in our own place. I don't think there will be a speck of white wall left.

5) In describing my general attitude about my life, I would say that I am impatient but content (see #2-3).

6) I'm only impatient because so far, each stage of my life has gotten better, so why should I assume the trend won't continue?

7) I think that I think too much. I also think I am probably never going to change that about myself.

8) Even though I have never used their services, I love midwives and am passionate about people's right to use them. I also love babies, but then again, who doesn't?

9) I love color. My favorite is blue but I also like red and yellow and green and even black and brown if it is the right shade. I do not like orange and purple. I almost wish I didn't like green so that I could say I don't like secondary colors, but I can't help myself, I like green.

10) I try to be fashionable, but part of me knows I never really will care that much about clothes.

11) Except pajamas, I love pajamas. I am always forcing myself to rid myself of old pajamas because I know I don't really need more than 7 or so pairs, but I love them all.

12) I love to do crafts. But I think I like to pick out, design and start projects more than I like to finish them. But my blog helps since I have the motivation to post about them once I do finish.

13) I don't think I haven't bought music in any form (mp3, cd, tape, 8-track...) in at least 3 years, possibly longer.

14) I told Craig I didn't want to get engaged until I was 21. 3 days before my 21st birthday, he takes me to the roof of the animal industry building and pops the question. It's a good thing I forgave him but it taught him a bad lession, he still doesn't listen to me.

15) Even though it has been gone for quite a while now, I still miss Gilmore Girls.

16) My new favorite tv show is 18 Kids and Counting. I think the Duggar family is adorable. Plus, is anything funnier than Mr. Duggar saying "My, what interesting glassware" while shopping in a San Francisco head shop.

17) I love animals but we are at our apartment limit right now with one cat, Zeeba, and one fish, Howie. I makes me kinda sad, but I just think happy thoughts about our future with dogs and chickens and maybe a goat and I feel better.

18) I have a tendency to leave the wrong burner on. I have already shared how tragic the results can be, but have not admitted that it happens a lot. Craig has made me little signs to help but it still occurs maybe one or times a week.

19) I can be very unobservant sometimes. Yet I remember random conversations I had two years ago even though no one else does. Which says I either have a good memory or my mind is making things up.

20) I am one of the sleepiest people I know. You know how they say cats sleep 18 hours a day? If I didn't have responsibilities, I could totally top that. I'm also one of the sickest. I am always sick.

21) My husband has turned me into a very, uhm...frugal...person. I don't mind except when it causes an internal struggle. My current internal struggle: wanting to move to raw milk but being way to cheap to spend $50 a month on milk.

22) I love board games and card games, but only ones that are mostly luck. I don't like the pressure associated with games like chess or Trivial Pursuit.

23) I used to go almost exclusively by the nick name"Kenzie" but during my first big social event of college, my name tag was pre-made and said "MacKenzie" and somehow that stuck. I kinda miss being called Kenzie but I can't just go back. No one knows me by that now.

24) I have visited/lived in 6 countries (US, Mexico, Germany, England, South Korea and Thailand) and can't wait to add more to my list. I think my next one will probably be Canada because it seems so much easier than anywhere I else I want to go, but I always think that and yet I never seem to make it there.

25) I used to hate creative writing in school but now I love to write on my blog. It's weird, but then again, so am I.

3 comments :

  1. Kenzie...

    I think you would do well with the little house and chickens. How fun! I grew up on a farm though, and I know how hard it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Gilmore Girls too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bridge - Yeah, I don't think I would want to be on a real farm, I'm a little on the lazy side when it comes to real physical work. Although I love to visit Craig's home/farm - it's so cute. He always laughs at me for taking pictures of the barn and the cows.

    ReplyDelete