2.13.2009

Some notes (or I would have called this "Keeping up with my correspondence" but felt that would be ripping Rachel off)

To Craig:
When that article by Texas A&M researchers stated that in some women, chocolate brings up negative emotions such as guilt and anxiety, they were not referring to me. Just so you know.

To Alison, who wrote this for the Batt:
Your third grade teacher was wrong; I'm pretty sure St. Valentine did not start Valentine's Day by cutting out his heart and sending it to his former lover. Besides being physically impossible, that isn't very saintly behavior. You might just be confusing him and Van Gogh, although I don't know why you would. The "real" stories are much cooler, you should go read them.

Also, your cupcake recipe does not include how much flour to add. That could be a problem.

To all the cookbook writers in the world:
Why do you think no one ever wants to make a real strawberry cake? Not a yellow cake layered with strawberries, not a cake with some strawberry jello added to it, not a strawberry flavored box cake. A real cake, from scratch, with real strawberries in it. Does such a thing not exist? Surely it does.

1 comment :

  1. :) Man, how would you like to have been one of the "lab rats" for the research on chocolate...that's a cause I'd donate my body to science for!

    ReplyDelete