2.11.2010

Beans, Beans and more beans - Ch-ch-ch-changes!

I originally started this series last September and have just now gotten around to starting writing it again. Hopefully the wait was worth it!

I think I've mentioned a time or two that I have come to love having beans be a part of our diet. Nutritious, cheap, easy and delicious. Yes, beans can be delicious! But I didn't always love beans. In fact, as a child, I hated them with a passion. My mom made one meal with beans that I liked a (tex-mex casserole) and even then, I would try and eat around the beans. But the more I got into nutrition and frugal eating, the more I realized that I needed to eat beans. So I kept making them and and forcing myself to eat them, over and over and over again, until one day I realized that I actually liked them, and not just hidden in brownies. Crazy, but true!

One of my biggest hurdles with starting my bean-eating journey was I didn't know how to cook them. But the Pioneer woman got me started with her pinto bean recipe and I also found a blog that went step by step through different types of beans and how to cook and serve them. Alas, that blog is no longer around, but I thought I would try to do something similar here.

So this series will be about beans! We'll be covering it all, lentils, pinto's, black beans, and kidneys - yum. And if you are starting to cringe, thinking "but I don't like beans," well, give them a chance, I'm hoping to change your mind!

No comments :

Post a Comment