2.24.2010

Don't Judge a Cover By its Book

Did I ever tell you about the book cover I was on? Er, I mean, the book which I was on the cover of? No, wait, the book of which I was on the cover. There we go. Here it is:


I was a mascot back in college, if you didn't know. This book came out in 2002. It was written by the longtime radio announcer for the mens' football and basketball games, and it tells some stories about noteworthy and interesting games and athletes at the University. Just recently, I finally decided that I should own this book, since I'm on it, and I bought it online. When the book arrived, I found that it was even autographed by the author. Neato.

You might be asking, though, how do I know this is me? It could be someone else in that costume, from another time period. Well, here's how I know:
  1. The shoes. Those are my shoes. In fact, I just threw them out a few months ago (I get a lot of mileage out of my shoes).
  2. The sport. Basketball games were my thing.
  3. The head. We had two heads that we used. I preferred this one because it had a more secure fit. The other one, which a couple of my comrades preferred, was liable to slip off. You could tell them apart by the nose; this one is a little bigger.
  4. The pose. Climbing up on the basket support after the game and leading the crowd in the school song was my shtick. I was also quite festive (see the Santa hat).

1 comment :

  1. I can only verify #1, those are in fact his shoes. And I was never so glad to see a pair of shoes leave our house.

    ReplyDelete