1.28.2015

3 Places I Want to Visit

1) Europe. That counts as one place, right? Since it's my list it does. :-) I'd love to go back to where I was born in Germany, where my family is from in the area (not sure if that is mostly Germany or Austria/Hungary/Czech Rep.), Norway to see where Craig's family is from (as long as nobody asks me to eat lutefisk). I also want to explore more of England. The honeymoon was great and all but not nearly long enough. And Paris. And Rome. Florence. So many places, so little time (and money :-)

2) Israel/Jordan. I really want to do a Holy Lands tour someday. I've read about them. I've seen other people go. But it's not the same. I just think its got to be a life changing event. My best guess of what my initial reaction would be is - small. That just seems to be my first thought when I visit a place I've previous known about and imagined, whether its the Alamo or the dance halls at Bath, they always seem much smaller than I pictured. But small isn't bad and I want to know if I'm right or not.

3) Kenya or somewhere in the Horn of Africa. I almost got to go as a teen when friend's of my dad where working for the embassy over there. But then they had to move back to the US suddenly and my dreams where shattered. Okay, maybe it wasn't quite that dramatic but Africa is still a continent I've never been to and someday that needs to change.

No comments :

Post a Comment