1.21.2015

My Top 3 Guilty Pleasures


  • Sweets and Treats and all things sugary. I know it's bad for me. I don't care. I love sweets. Chocolate especially but I won't turn down a good fruit based dessert either. Or Ice Cream. Or caramel. Or cookies. The only dessert I won't eat is something coffee flavored. I don't do coffee. I used to dislike coconut but I've gotten over that which opened up a whole new world of desserts.  I eat healthfully the vast majority of the time. Homemade foods. No dyes, no artificial flavors, no preservatives. That's fine. I don't even think of that as a hardship. But don't take my desserts away from me. To quote my cousin from back when she was around Lucy's age "A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine." From the mouths of babes. 


  • Baths/Long Hot Showers. This really shouldn't be a guilty pleasure except I prefer them at around early evening. I don't like to go to bed with really wet hair and I have a lot of very long thick hair so it takes hours for it to dry. And morning showers have to be quick because who knows what trouble Jonah will get in during the few minutes he is unsupervised. Which means the best time is around 6pm,  right at that crazy time of day when the kids are using up their last bits of energy and have lost all self-control. It's pretty much a luvs commercial. And I totally abandoned Craig and escape to the bathroom. There is often yelling and screaming and gnashing of teeth and on a really bad day some little fingertips reaching under the bathroom door. But too bad, Calgon  homemade organic soap from etsy, take me away!
  • K-Dramas/K-pop. I know, you all are shocked.I don't hide my love of K-dramas around here but I really don't like the idea of watching a lot of tv. And when I look at the list of dramas I've watched (knowing it is incomplete - I really need to do an new reviews post) and think about how many hours I've spent watching K-dramas, I do cringe. But I can't give them up. And K-pop doesn't waste my time because I mostly listen to it while cooking dinner, it is a bit quirky. Luckily the kids are not embarrassed to see me dancing and semi-singing along to k-pop, at least right now. It won't be long though - but will I care? 
  • Runner Up - Books. We try to be budget and space conscious around here which means we don't buy a lot of stuff. Except books. I use the library but a lot of what I want just isn't what they have and I pretty much never decide to do without a book that I want, whether its for me or the kids. I buy used and get a lot of classics free for the kindle but I also buy A LOT of books. And I can't really think of a time when I didn't have at least a dozen books on my "to buy soon" list. But I couldn't include it in my actual top 3 because I don't feel even a little bit guilty about this. What else is money for if not to buy books?
So what are your guilty pleasures?

No comments :

Post a Comment