9.02.2009

Fall

Craig and I have had several wishful "where do we want to live when we finally move somewhere permanent?" conversations lately. I said Washington state was nice, he said Maine might be...we will probably meet somewhere in the middle. But I realized that where ever we go and whenever we get there, I really hope it has a fall. I love fall with it's back to school sales (Fresh pencils for 1c sales anyone? Why, yes please!) and the fall colors and crunchy leaves and warm sweaters and really nothing spoils all that joy like my weather bug alarming because the heat index is over 100. The knowledge that I won't need to wear a jean jacket for months is depressing. So is living next to a high school where the first day of school means waking up every morning to the sounds of the marching band before beginning the drive to at a snails pace so as to avoid teenagers texting as they cross the road. Maybe I like a conceptual fall more than an actual fall? No, I think I like fall, I just don't like hoards of teenagers.

No comments :

Post a Comment