11.26.2010

Thanksgiving

We are still at my parents' so this is just going to be a quick update, but I couldn't skip the opportunity to write in peace while Lucy is happily sleeping away. I think she likes my parents' mattress better than ours because she sleeps great here. Or maybe we've just spent the three weeks prior to this dealing with teething, a bad cold, and the unpleasant effects those had on her sleep pattern so anything other than up every hour seems amazing!

Back to the point, Thanksgiving was good here. My mom always kept our menu consistent throughout the years so my aunt and I were able to copy it fairly easily by making the pies the night before (two pumpkin and one apple, the same every year!) and assembling the casseroles first thing in the morning. I think we were a little too concerned about being timely though - the turkey was done by 11am! We all ate a lot so we must have been hungry anyway.

Lucy also got her first meal - sweet potatoes. She had a good time playing with them and did taste them but I don't think she actually swallowed much. She'll get the hang of it in time and until then, at least we got some cute pictures!

Lucy has been enjoying all the attention she gets from Grandpa and Bubbie. We didn't want her other grandparents to miss out though, so here's just a sample of the view from around here:



Note on the video: Her new favorite activity is playing with pots and pans and she had been sitting there for about 5 minutes playing happily while I ran around trying to find the camera. Then as soon as I did, she stirred it a little too hard and got hurt/scared. But 2 minutes later she was back playing again. Why is it so difficult to capture the good moments on camera?!

2 comments :

  1. I realized I mentioned cute pictures and then neglected to actually put any in this post but I don't have my camera cord. Don't worry, we'll get home tomorrow and I can add them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Thanks for posting the video. It makes me smile. She's getting so big! I can't wait to see her!! Oh yeah, and you guys too :)

    ReplyDelete