11.16.2010

Questions anyone?

I definitely planned to write this back when Lucy was just a few weeks ago but it wasn't until a couple days ago when I was reading some midwifery materials that I realized I never did! Better late than never, I guess.

When I was pregnant and planning a home birth, I was pretty confident in my midwife and the whole process but I still didn't understand how certain things would work. I just couldn't picture it all. I think that would have been the case no matter what type of birth I was planning but at least I would have known people I could ask if I was going to a hospital.

Now that I've been through it, especially since I know at least one mama who reads this blog and is planning a home birth, I thought I would open myself up to questions. Even if it seems like a weird question to ask, believe me, I probably wondered about it before too so don't be shy. I'll collect them all then post the answers in a couple days.

So if you are preparing for a home birth, interested in birth stories or none of the above but still curious as to what the heck we did with the placenta or why the need for all that hot water, ask away!

2 comments :

  1. My biggest concern about the homebirth is that I'll be worried about the house (cleanliness, organization, decoration) instead of focusing on labor! In the hospital, I wasn't in charge of anything and I didn't have to wonder if there was going to be enough room. How did you turn off that part of your brain? Does it turn itself off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Mackenzie!

    I, too just had a homebirth...2 months ago! Oliver was our 6th baby, and my first to have at home.

    I won't hog your post and tell the previous commenter about my experience as a neat freak meets homebirth...but I certainly can relate to those fears!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete