11.15.2010

My dream fan

No, I'm not talking about the bathroom exhaust fan. We have narrowed it down but still haven't picked a final one. It's ridiculous and I don't want to talk about it.

I'm talking about my ceiling fan. I'm excited about my ceiling fan. You might even say giddy. And those of you who have not spent some time looking at them lately probably won't understand why but 95% of ceiling fans are ridiculously ugly. I tell the truth. Just plain ug-lee. And we were starting off with a number of pretty limiting conditions:

  • We needed a hugger style. They don't work quite as well as down rod styles but our ceilings are only about 8 ft tall so anything that dropped down too low would be dangerous. Not cool (pun intended).
  • We need a smaller fan. Most fans only come in 52 inches but that was going to be too big and a lot of smaller fans look like they belong in kids bedrooms. Despite Craig's insistence that we could make a plane propeller fan themed living room work, I didn't really think that was the direction we wanted to go.

That got rid of a large percentage of the fans out there. And aesthetically, I wanted something casual and contemporary but also slightly retro. Preferable chrome or silver colored although really anything other than brass would have worked.

So when I saw this
I knew it was the one. It fit all our needs and was very highly rated. And it comes with a remote and guys love remotes, right? Not so fast.

It took some convincing because it was a little more than Craig thought one should spend on a fan. But after seeing that I was right my selection really was the best choice for our space and that I didn't just pick an expensive fan for the heck of it, he agreed. Our fan is one its way home!

1 comment :

  1. While I agree with Craig that the propellor fan is pretty awesome, the one ya'll chose is quite snazzy :)

    ReplyDelete