1.04.2011

Home!

We're home! I'm not going to say there wasn't an adventure to our trip but nothing we couldn't survive. We got home a little before midnight last night and Lucy even let me sleep in to 7am. I think I must have gotten an adrenaline boost from being home because we got up and going real easy today - or maybe I just saw the state of our house last night and realized I was going to have to muster up all my energy to deal with it.

It's bad people, real bad. In fact, I think this might be the messiest/dirtiest I've ever let it be. Granted, it's not entirely my fault. Between Craig being here alone while working long hours at the new house, our unpacking and repacking in a 10 hr span to leave on a second big trip (in the hall since Lucy was sleeping in the bedroom) and half of our stuff being in boxes either here or at the new place, a mess was bound to be had. So, one the one hand, I'm trying to focus on it one part at a time and not be overwhelmed. On the other hand, despite my cleaning the toilet the day before we left, there is now something growing in it. All together now - EWW! It's so bad, we might just have to move this weekend.

Okay, okay, my new fear of our toilet is not the real reason we are moving, but we are trying to move this weekend. And I'm learning it is very had to put things away when there is no away to put them. I'm on my 4th load of laundry, but since most of our drawers are already gone, the basket is just getting fuller and fuller. It's quite precarious but I did still manage to retrieve the baby socks from the middle of the pile. I knew my mad jenga skills would pay off someday.

And Lucy has decided that after months of us trying to entice her to move in some way, she is now interested in becoming mobile. She promised me she would wait until we finished moving but since neither of us thought it would take us until January, I guess it is fair that she starts now. It's gonna be a crazy week. Wish me luck!

2 comments :

  1. Of course she starts to crawl AFTER she leaves! On the otherhand, yay Lucy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she isn't crawling yet, just scooting. But she isn't very good at going where she wants and is not happy about it. If she didn't get so upset by that fact, I'd find it very cute.

    ReplyDelete