7.23.2013

The things she says

Some of these are older (before our trip) but too good not to keep anyway. 

Lucy is really into vocabulary lately and she'll often ask me to name other words for things like "What's another word for really big" and I'll listen huge, gigantic, giant, colossal, then she'll ask for more until the mommy thesaurus is exhausted and I tell her to go play. She also likes to tell me what things mean, but I'm not sure if she realizes that I'm not just making definitions up because sometimes she does:

Lucy: Milfords. That's another name for a big heavy book.
Me: It is?
L: Yes, well, that's what I call them. Milfords. See, I'm putting the milfords right here. Oh, they are heavy. Milfords. Whew.

Lucy: I can have another strawberry because there are plenty. Plenty means there are lots and lots. Even Jonah can have one.

Lucy: Mmmm. I'm saying mmm while I'm eating. Mmmm means it taste good.

That avocado seed is colossal!

Are you excited about going to Grandma and Grandpa's tomorrow?
Yes, I am. And I'm going to be good on the plane. I won't whine or fuss if it's too tight (meaning the seat belt) or if I'm hungry. I'll just wait. And it's going to be a long time because North Dakota is far far far away, it's in North America!

Lucy: Daddy, don't lie there! Sheepy  is there. You can go down on the floor.
Craig: I don't really want to be on the floor. Can't (the imaginary) sheepy and I share the bed?
Lucy: Well, I just think that is going to be impossible.

Lucy: Mommy, Today I'm pretending that I know everything, okay.

Lucy: Can we go camping?
Me: That would be fun! We'll have daddy look for a day without rain, and we'll get the tent and set it up in the backyard. We could even bbq and eat outside. Won't it be fun to sleep outside in a tent?
Lucy: Weeellll, I was thinking RV.

No comments :

Post a Comment