1.08.2015

Challenge Accepted!

The very same day I published my list of to-be read in 2015 books, I stumble upon this Classic Reading Challenge through Joyous Lessons. So of course, I'm in! I'm not sure if I'll get all 12 done, but I'm pretty sure I can get at least six categories pretty easily. Here are the categories with my best guess of what I'll read for it.  Works will be marked off as completed.

1.  A 19th Century Classic -- any book published between 1800 and 1899.
A Tale of Two Cities

2.  A 20th Century Classic -- any book published between 1900 and 1965.  

Cold Comfort Farm

3.  A Classic by a Woman Author

The Glimpses of the Moon

4.  A Classic in Translation

Kristin Lavransdattar

5.  A Very Long Classic Novel -- a single work of 500 pages or longer.  

Middlemarch

6.  A Classic Novella -- any work shorter than 250 pages.  

The Europeans

7.  A Classic with a Person's Name in the Title.  

?

8.  A Humorous or Satirical Classic.  

Three Men in a Boat

9.  A Forgotten Classic.  

The Shuttle

10.  A Nonfiction Classic. 

The Inn of the Sixth Happiness/ The Small Woman

11.  A Classic Children's Book.  

Understood Betsy

12.  A Classic Play.  

MacBeth



No comments :

Post a Comment