12.13.2022

Classics Challenge: The Francise Affair

This is a hard category for me. Not because I don't read a lot of mysteries but because I do. I read tons of mysteries, mostly the older classic style (although I have caught up on the Strike series this year which is about as hard boiled as I can go). Which one to write about? I went with this one because I think Josephine Tey is a bit under appreciated. This first one of hers I read was Daughter of Time and you do see that about in gift shops in basically every museum that has a connection to Richard III. It's very good but our libraries didn't have anything else by her so since then I'd just been on the lookout for whatever of hers I could spot in the used bookstores I perused. 

And of course, I found one at the mystery book stop in Hay-on-Wye. Well, I found several but I had to be selective and I think I picked a good one. It's not a murder but a case of kidnapping. Or a case of accused kidnapping. 

 I think Tey has such an interesting way of making you look at multiple sides of a situation and I really enjoyed it and will be looking for more Tey books to go on my shelf...perhaps another trip to Hay-on-Wye. Well, I basically think any excuse is a good one for that sort of thing!


No comments :

Post a Comment