12.26.2022

Classics Challenge: The Wild Muir

Being involved in the Charlotte Mason and nature study world, I had heard the name John Muir quite a bit for years but I didn't really know much about him until I picked up this book to pre-read for Lucy's school year. The Wild Muir is a compilation of 22 short stories of his adventures in his own words. And he does have some adventures in nature. Short stories aren't my favorite in general and these varied, some were great and some dragged a bit but overall a good collection. I'm curious to see what Lucy thinks of it this spring. 

The Wild Muir is my Classic Short Stories category selection. This specific compilation was published in 1994 but all the stories were written by Muir himself and he died in 1914 so I'm pretty sure this still works for the Challenge. 

No comments :

Post a Comment