12.27.2007

Fish sticks for Jesus

There's a local jewelry store in our town that does a big advertising push in the newspapers during the holiday season. They have an ad everyday from Dec 1 through Christmas Eve and if you cut them all out and take them into the store after Christmas, you are rewarded with a small token gift.

Craig did it last year but I really didn't think the snowman head candle holder was worth the effort. But even so, offering him something free is really one of the only ways I could get Craig inside a jewelry store, so I figured "What there to lose?" This year the ads named the item as "a nativity figurine." This really had us wondering. Would we get a wise man and our neighbors would get a shepherd? What does one do with just part of a nativity scene?

Well, Craig picked up our figurine yesterday and it was in fact, one figurine but it had Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus on it. And unlike the snowman, I actually kinda like this one. So I almost hate to bring up my one issue with it. But does Joseph remind you of anyone?

The Gorton's fisherman perhaps? Because everyone knows that Jesus loved fish sticks. That's why he always hung out with the fishermen, right?

5 comments :

  1. Dude, I can totally see it:

    "WWJE Fishsticks"

    Because, after all...

    What Would Jesus Eat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. MacKenzie makes it sound like this was a joint venture, or something she encouraged me to do. Oh, no. This was my Christmas tradition well before she came along. Just to correct the record.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the resemblence. How hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha! if you look at Joseph, I think its his staff,(its cut off by Mary's head in the angle of this picture) but it looks short,and brown like he is holding a fish stick too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh. you actually get the herald journal?????

    ReplyDelete