12.06.2007

I'm a fashionista

It's official. I am sick. I now know for sure that I am sick because my arm pit hurts. While that might not make too much sense to you, if you were me, you would know that every time I get really sick, my right auxiliary lymph node (which happens to be located in my right arm pit) gets swollen and painful. It never happens to my left lymph node, if it ever does, I will probably die. But that isn't the point of this post. The point is, I have been sick and grumpy lately but that is not fun to read about so I will tell a positive story now.

Despite the fact that I do not like moving, good did come out of it (besides living in a new place that I like). I found a suitcase of sweaters that I had lost. Back in November I did the winter/summer clothes switcheroo and I swear I looked everywhere but never found it. It contained hats and mittens but I could replace those at Kohls for $10 so I didn't worry about that but it also contained some sweaters that I LOOOVVEE and I was heartbroken. But earlier this week while unpacking, there they were. Oh happy day. It brought back such memories - I only wish I was kidding.

The one sweater had been my favorite for FOREVER. Okay, not forever, but since high school. In fact, I wore it to all my college interviews. It is a dark red and really thick with a big chunky turtleneck. I wore it with a just-above-the-knee red and cream plaid skirt, cream stockings, and chunky brown ae shoes. Actually those shoes were my favorite for about 4 years but I finally got rid of them when I graduated college, they were completely falling apart. But in that outfit, I felt cute and smart and it was warm enough to sustain me throughout the northeast as I walked around campus after campus. Looking back, I can't really be objective because in my mind, I still think it might have been cute, but I am glad there aren't any pictures of that outfit out there.

The other two sweaters are my holiday sweaters. Let me clarify - only one is an actual holiday sweater, but its very simple - it only has a few tiny white beads at the top that make a snowflake, we are not talking about embroidered Santa's. But it would have been sad if I didn't find it until after Christmas because I normally wear that sweater to church almost every week during advent.

The other is just plain black, but I wear it with red things so that it feels festive. I don't really love it but I needed it because I have to wear it to the Christmas Concert on Sunday. The woman are supposed to be festive and it is the only sweater that I have that goes with my only longer skirt. The long skirt is very important because the choir area is located above the pews by a considerable amount and I have already talked before about my inability to sit like a lady. I'll just leave it at that. I was beginning to panic about not having anything to wear so if I hadn't found that sweater, I would be spending my Friday night shopping for a stupid festive outfit instead of putting up my Christmas tree and listening to my new Michael W. Smith Christmas CD like I can now plan on doing. I don't care if my arm is too painful to lift up the ornaments. I will be decorating my tree tomorrow and I will be having a good time.

2 comments :

  1. I know. I'm stressing it a bit. I miss two weeks of rehearsal because I've been so freaking sick and now I have to be FESTIVE?

    GAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. finding clothes you thought you lost is right up there with finding money in your pants!!

    ReplyDelete